September 21, 2007 - Oh What A Month It's Been! First off I'd like to congratulate Annette"Annette_15" for beating 362 players to win the first WSOPE bracelet. Who says women can't play poker huh? I have been hearing great things about her and I couldn't be any happier to see a woman take down a main event. Now I'm gonna go back a bit to the EPT Barcelona event. I arrived in Barcelona two days before the main event started and met Alex Dreyfus (my sponsor at ChiliPoker) for the first time. We sat and spoke for awhile in the hotel lounge, then Alex took me to the casino where the tournament was being held to check out the environment and also to buy me into the event. We then later met up with Fabrice and Jules for dinner at a trendy french restaurant. The next morning I had arrangements to go sight seeing with Alex, Fabrice, and Jules and to also do an video interview for Made In Poker with Fabrice. I had a wonderful time seeing the city of Barcelona and they all made me feel so comfortable to be around them. The next morning I woke up at at 10am, first thing was turn my computer on and check what games were going on ChiliPoker so I could play for awhile and warm up before the tournament started. I played for a couple hours and ended the session on the plus side. The tournament started at 5pm, I didn't start off too well. I flopped a set a couple time but both times got ran down with my opponent catching a straight and flush. There was one particular hand that made me sick to my stomach. I picked up 10 10's under the gun and decided just to limp in with three callers calling behind me. The flop comes A 10 5 (rainbow). I decided to slow play my set so I checked my option and the three callers behind me checked also. Turn comes an 8... (A 10 5 8). I bet out 800- the player behind me calls the bet and everyone else mucks. The river's a 6- The board now is A 10 5 8 6. I bet out 800 again, then my opponent thinks a bit and decides to make a raise to 3500. I was quite shocked as to why he would make such a big raise. I looked at the board again and the only possible hand that could beat my set of 10's is 7 9. I then said to him "either you've got the moral nuts or a total bluff" I finally decided to call and what does he turn over?!? Yep.. 7 9(off). After losing that hand I was down to 4500 in chips. A few rounds later I picked up QQ's. This time I raised and got the small blind to call. Flop comes Q 10 3 (rainbow) SB checks, I bet out 1200, SM calls, turn is a 9 (which gives a possible flush and straight draw on board). I bet out out 2000, my opponent called. river's a 7.. which was almost about the worst card I see, making it a possible straight and flush on board. My opponent announced all-in quickly! I thought to myself.. "Not again"!! I've flopped sets three times already and all three times they've all gotten cracked. I ended up calling anyways cause the pot was to big to lay down a set and also I wouldn't have much chips to play with if I were to fold. So pretty much an easy decision there on my part. My opponent turns over AQ.. phew no straight, no flush.. So I doubled up! My chips were like a yo yo the entire day but I was still in and at about 1am I received a very important family call that needed my attention immediately. I still had a little over 10k on the table. But all those chips were just being blinded away while I was already on the plane flying back to my country Vietnam. I couldn't thank Alex Dreyfus (my sponsor at ChiliPoker) enough for being so understanding and helping me through those moments when I was really in need for support. I could honestly say that I couldn't ask for a better site to represent. I flew back to Vietnam for a couple weeks to pay my last respects to my dad and also got the chance to spend some quality time with my aunt, cousins, and niece. Then on the Sept 8th I flew back to London in time to play the WSOPE. I started the tournament in very good shape. During the second round I happen to bust out John Juanda and was at 43,000. Then when I returned from the second break was when things all started to turn sour. A few starting hands passed and then I happen to pick up AA's and ran into 10 10's.. unlucky for me, my opponent flopped a 10 and I double him up. After another round of cards were dealt out, I had 22's on my big blind. My opponent that was in middle position made a minimum raise so I called. I flopped a set of 22's on the flop and got the original raiser with the K(c) 5 (c).. unlucky for me again.. he hits the flush right on the turn. So within one round of poker, I went from 43,000 in chips to about 7k. I played tight and was holding on to my chips for about an hour, then I picked up A 10. I was in middle position so I raised and the big blind calls. The flop did come an ace (? ?) but my opponent called my bet on the flop and caught a straight on the turn. the river was no help for my hand, so that was it... Out The Door I Go!!! :) I'm currently in London and will be playing the EPT London next week on the 25th of Sept. I hope all is well. Until next time everyone. Cheers!